Having Breathing Trouble? VIVAER Nasal Airway Remodelling Can Help!
Many people experience shortness of breath caused by nasal congestion. Even a slight narrowing of the nasal valves can lead to a significant reduction in airflow, causing breathing issues. When the thin wall between the nasal passages is displaced to one side, it causes a deviated septum, which in turn results in nasal obstruction.
Symptoms of Nasal Obstruction
A nasal valve is the triangular area that makes up the nasal passage. It is formed by the septum, the turbinates, and the lateral walls.
The septum is the narrow vertical ridge of bone and cartilage that separates the nostrils. Turbinates are tissues that help to direct warm air as it enters the nasal cavity. The side tissue that forms the outer wall of the nose is the lateral wall.
Enlargement of any of these areas in the nasal passage can lead to nasal airway obstruction. The reduced airflow leads to other symptoms, including:
- Persistent nasal blockage or obstruction
- Chronic nasal congestion
- Trouble breathing through the nose
- Obstruction of one or both nostrils
- Trouble sleeping
- Sinus infection
- Facial pain
- Noisy breathing or snoring during sleep
- Inability to get enough air during physical activity
What Causes Nasal Obstruction?
There are several causes of nasal obstruction, which include the following:
- A condition present at birth, such as a deviated septum (which can occur during fetal development and becomes apparent at birth)
- An injury to the nose that causes the nasal septum to move out of position. Such injuries can occur in children during childbirth.
- The enlargement of ridges of bone and tissue inside the nose, limiting the airflow
- Collapse of upper/lower cartilages in the outer nasal wall during inhalation
- Inhaling of drugs like cocaine over a long duration
Nasal airway obstruction can lead to:
- Dry mouth caused by chronic mouth breathing
- Congestion or pressure within the nasal passage
- Sleep apnea due to not being able to breath properly
Can VIVAER Nasal Airway Remodelling Cure Nasal Obstruction?
Many people suffer from nasal airway obstruction that limits the airflow through the nose. There are several medications and breathing strips that offer relief, but they are temporary.
Surgeries are often invasive and painful and require a lengthy recovery period. But VIVAER nasal airway remodelling, a non-invasive and painless procedure, has shown promise in long-term relief of nasal obstruction.
VIVAER nasal airway remodelling is a procedure to fix lifelong breathing issues. The device used for it was developed by Aerin Medical, and the procedure involves no incisions or long periods of downtime. The nasal area is gently and permanently reshaped using low-temperature radiofrequency energy to provide better airflow.
It is a treatment that offers significant benefits:
- It is a non-invasive procedure, meaning no incisions or cutting are needed, tissue is neither removed nor damaged, and no implants or exterior changes are used.
- It can be performed in the comfort of an office setting.
- There is no need for anaesthesia or numbing.
- The total procedure takes no longer than 15 minutes.
- It requires no downtime.
Schedule a Consultation
VIVAER nasal airway remodelling is a clinically proven solution to fix breathing problems caused by nasal airway obstruction. Find out more – contact the office of facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Andrew Compton to set up your consultation.